The Hospital was established by Dr. Ida Sophia Scudder in 1900. Ida Scudder was the girl of second-age clinical evangelists from the Dutch Improved Church in the US of America (US) who served in India. She was brought into the world in 1870 in Tindivanam, which is roughly 60 miles from Madras (known as Chennai today). As a little kid she saw starvation, destitution and passing, and promised that she could never emulate her folks' example and turned into a minister. The Scudder family got back to the US on vacation in 1878 and Ida started her schooling. Her folks got back to India, yet Ida Scudder remained in the US going to the Northfield Theological school for Young women (presently Northfield Mount Herman). In 1891, she was gotten back to India to really focus on her sickly mother. It was as of now that Ida turned out to be keenly conscious about the absence of clinical benefits accessible to ladies and kids in India, principally because of social and strict standards that didn't permit male professionals to treat females. This mindfulness turned into the main impetus of her life one night in her folks' cottage, when a youthful Indian man came to the entryway mentioning Ida's assistance for his better half who was battling in labor. He dismissed Ida's dad, Dr John Scudder's consideration and left. Two additional men came that very night with comparative solicitations, looking for clinical assistance for their spouses in labor, however again turning down John Scudder's consideration. The three ladies and their infants kicked the bucket that evening. The occurrence severely impacted 24-year-old Ida Scudder. After petition and profound idea Ida Scudder steered her life, choosing to turn into a specialist in the US with the goal that she could get back to India to treat Indian female patients, and train Indian ladies to become specialists and medical caretakers to serve their own. She got back to the US and in 1895, signed up for the Lady's Clinical School of Pennsylvania. She finished her examinations in New York where she was in the five star of specialists at Cornell Clinical College that included ladies (1899). In no less than 90 days she set forth for India with a "searing energy to change things." Dr. Ida S. Scudder opened a solitary bed dispensary in Vellore in 1900. In 1902, she constructed the 40-bed Mary Taber Schell Remembrance Emergency clinic for ladies, named in memory of the spouse of a NY promoter. She proceeded with her work in the dispensary and began preparing ladies as compounders in 1903. She started bringing "side of the road dispensaries" to country towns in 1906 when the typical future of an Indian was 25 years. She began a preparation program for medical caretakers in 1909 and started preparing ladies doctors with the Association Mission Clinical School for Ladies that opened in 1918. In 1938 the public authority changed its strategy proclaiming that physician certifications could be conceded simply by colleges; Scudder chose to update her clinical school to a clinical school, the Christian Clinical School. The school was subsidiary with the Madras College, and in 1942 it started offering the MBBS course. In 1945, a research center specialist instructional class was begun. In 1946 a School of Nursing, India's first, was begun. In 1947, first bunch of men clinical understudies were conceded. Clinical Postgraduate Courses (MD and MS) were begun in 1950. In 1969 Postgraduate certification courses in nursing were begun Various others likewise assumed a significant part in the improvement of the school including Dr Theodore Howard Somervell, an English specialist, Dr Paul W. Brand, another English specialist, Dr Edward Gault, an Australian specialist and pathologist, and Dr Mary Verghese, an Indian Actual Medication and Restoration trained professional. CHAD (People group Wellbeing and Improvement) working in Bagayam region in Vellore The medical clinic has been visited at different times by numerous unmistakable pioneers including Sir Alexander Fleming, Dr Jonas Salk, the American Evangelist Billy Graham, Mahatma Gandhi, Indian Presidents Radhakrishna, Rajendra Prasad, Abdul Kalam,Prime Priest Indira Gandhi, and the Noblewoman Edwina Ashley Mountbatten of Burma. The school currently presents north of 175 different post graduate courses in the clinical, nursing and associated wellbeing disciplines, including PhD courses. A sum of more than 2,600 understudies are selected consistently. The emergency clinic has eleven locales and serves more than 2000 inpatients and 8,000 short term patients day to day, with 67 wards, 92 facilities every day and north of 150 divisions/units. Every year 100 understudies are conceded for the undergrad clinical course MBBS. The MBBS course is perceived by the Clinical Gathering of India.